StoneSheets®-AL has a sandwich type construction, which has been a well established method of construction in the composites industry. The honeycomb core acts much like tresses or I-Beams, by distributing stress over a larger area. As a result,StoneSheets®-AL demonstrates superior behaviors under bending, torsion, impact and compression, both parallel and perpendicular to the sheets, with the premise being to increase strength and decrease weight. StoneSheets® combines these benefits with stone, effectively improving the use of slabs all together.
StoneSheets®-AL begins with your choice of Granite, Marble, Onyx, Travertine, Sandstone, or Quartzite, sliced super-thin and bonded to an Aluminum Honeycomb Matrix with Aluminum Sheets. For most stones,StoneSheets®-AL comes in sizes up to 48" x 96" (122 cm x 244 cm), with a standard thickness of 18mm, and weighing in at ~160 Pounds! (These specifications can be customized for special applications when necessary.)
The revealed face is a beautiful, seamless slab of natural stone, with the strength and lightweight characteristics of aerospace aluminum. Ask us about StoneSheets® -AL and the opportunity to increase the recycled content for your project !
Ask about the opportunity to increase the recycled content for your project !
- 6mm thick stone Slab + 12mm Aluminum Honeycomb Matrix w/Aluminum Sheets
- For a 4ft x 8ft thin stone panel of StoneSheets® -AL, the total weight is only ~160 pounds!
- Consistent, Superior strength from edge to edge allows for easy dispersion, installation, or field trimming when necessary.
- Ability to combine products, as in the case of countertop use, eliminating the need for plywood subtops, instead using a long-life, recyclable material, Aluminum
- Available in nearly every Granite, Marble, Onyx, Travertine, Limestone, Sandstone, or Quartzite, in any available finish
- Projects demand only ~35% of the shipping requirements of standard 2cm granite, reducing GHG & CO2 Emissions and increasing project safety
Click here for: